Current Job Openings
2024 RISE Full-Time DVM/VMD Mentorship Program- Marina del Rey
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
The RISE Mentorship Program is a rotational, immersion & skill-building, experience structured to support the transition from academia into clinical practice. Participants will be paired with an experienced mentor, while they practice medicine and manage their own caseload. Participants will move through the program with a nationwide cohort providing an added layer of peer mentorship and the foundation for a professional network. At the conclusion of the program, a one-year contract will be extended for you to continue full-time with continued mentor support
Who is this program for?
- New or Recent veterinary school graduates who are passionate about practicing high quality medicine and learning on the job, while developing new skills and strengths under the guidance of an experienced veterinarian
- Veterinary school graduates who are unsure whether they would prefer to go the ER or GP route
What is the program?
- Full-Time opportunity for you to practice medicine, learn on the job, and have additional support through a structured mentorship
- You will have the option between a 6-month rotational mentorship program (3 months in GP and 3 months in ER), or a 3-month mentorship (either GP or ER)
- Salary: $100,000 plus the opportunity to earn production and pay increase as you transition into your full-time associate role
- Benefits: Full-time benefits, relocation assistance
- Housing stipend provided during the 3- or 6-month mentorship experience
- Student loan repayment stipend
Where will this take place?
- Nationwide! We have hospitals across the country to meet your geographical preferences.
When does this program start?
- We have two different start times (flexible):
- January 2024
- July 2024
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Marina del Rey Hospital?
At Shane Veterinary Medical Center, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Shane Veterinary Medical Center, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.